Maple Grove, MN Attorneys for LGBTQ Families
Minnesota families with LGBTQ spouses and parents have many of the same legal issues as those with opposite-sex partners, but they have some unique needs as well. At Mundahl Law, we are committed to serving LGBTQ individuals and their families with a variety of concerns, including family formation matters, estate planning for a growing or changing family, and divorce or dissolution.
In 2013, the State of Minnesota passed a law officially recognizing same-sex marriage. In 2015, the Supreme Court of the United States ruled that the right to marriage exists regardless of sexual orientation. Although marriage equality is now the law of the land, not all family law attorneys understand the issues that affect LGBTQ individuals and their families. The attorneys of Mundahl Law are both experienced in the broad spectrum of Minnesota family law issues, and committed to serving the needs of the LGBTQ community.
Minnesota Family Law Services for LGBTQ Individuals and Their Families
At Mundahl Law, we assist LGBTQ individuals and families with a wide range of Minnesota family law matters, including:
- Prenuptial agreements
- Dissolution of domestic partnerships
- Divorce of LGBTQ individuals from same-sex or opposite-sex partners
- Asset division in long-term non-marital commitments
- Asset division in long-term partnerships but short-term marriages
- Child custody, parenting time, and child support issues with both same-sex and opposite-sex co-parents
- Adoption, including stepparent and second-parent adoption
- Establishing paternal rights and privileges
- Wills, trusts, and estate planning
- Medical and financial powers of attorney
- Domestic violence protection
- Transgender legal issues, including name changes, birth certificate amendments, and parental conflicts over the care and support of children who identify as transgender or non-binary
Whatever your legal concerns, or those of your family, Mundahl Law will provide you the responsiveness, guidance, and advocacy you need. If we are unable for any reason to represent you, or believe we are not the best attorneys for your needs, we will help you find an attorney who is right for you.
Experienced Maple Grove, Minnesota Family Law Attorneys for LGBTQ Families
Whoever you are, however you identify, whatever your family looks like…we can help.
We strive to help our clients resolve family law disputes with as little hostility, and as much respect and dignity, as possible. Above all, however, we are dedicated to protecting our clients' rights and interests, and will advocate as vigorously as necessary to do so.
Located in Maple Grove, Mundahl Law serves Hennepin County and the surrounding areas of Minnesota, including St. Michael, Rogers, and Buffalo. We invite you to contact us online or via phone at (763) 575-7930. We look forward to working with you.