10. Get a manicure/pedicure or massage. The point is to pamper yourself. You deserve to be pampered.
9. Plan a last minute get-away weekend by yourself or with your girlfriends. You can go as far as you want. Just make sure this is weekend is not your weekend to spend with your children. The time is to unwind; forget about the divorce for a few days; and have fun. You can still have fun during a divorce.
8. Go to a movie. There is something relaxing about forgetting about the outside stressors and be completely surrounded by a good movie. Popcorn is always a bonus.
7. Buy new underwear/lingerie. Go to a lingerie store; get fitted for a new bra; and replace your old married underwear with new, fresh pairs. New underwear increases confidence, in our opinion.
6. Get a totally new haircut. Was your husband obsessed with long hair? Chop it off! You don’t have to go Britney Spears, but you can definitely go Kerry Mulligan or Halle Berry.
5. Read an uplifting/inspirational story. Divorce is not the end. It is a new beginning. We recommend: After the Ball: A Woman’s Tale of Reclaiming Happily Ever After, by Barb Greenberg.
4. Go for a walk. Exercise, as we have all heard, has enormous benefits, including: boosting your immune system, prevents heart disease, obesity, diabetes, improves mental health, prevents depressions and improves your self-esteem. The benefits are endless.
3. Treat your children to a night all about them. Divorce is really tough on children. Let your children know that they are your top priority. Take your teenage daughter to the mall or bring your ten year old son to a baseball game.
2. Buy yourself a divorce gift. Trade in all of the jewelry that your spouse gave you and buy something really big, flashy and expensive. Go on a shopping spree. Buy that Coach purse or some Christian Louboutin heels. Knock ‘em dead.
1. Chocolate and lots of it!