I have been a problem solver my whole life. In fact, my poor, sleep-deprived parents finally had to fasten a net over my crib each night because I kept escaping.
In 2011—having solved the problem of getting through law school with a full-time job and a family who needed me too—I became an attorney and began using those problem-solving skills to help people address legal concerns involving their own families and futures.
My approach is consistent. I believe the path to the right legal solution in any case starts with me listening closely to what the client has to say. I believe that kindness and compassion are not just helpful in any line of work, but necessary ingredients of success in this one. I believe that treating everyone with dignity and respect is not a strategic choice but truly the only way to live.
Whatever your particular need, you can depend on me to treat you right, to be accessible, and to work hard to achieve timely, cost-effective results on your behalf. Unfortunately, because not quite everything in the universe is within my control, I also understand the importance of being prepared to aggressively protect your interests whenever more reasonable approaches fail.
Admissions to Practice
- Minnesota (2011)
- William Mitchell College of Law, St. Paul, Minnesota, J.D. (2011)
- Metropolitan State University, St. Paul, Minnesota, B.A. (2005)
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Minnesota Lavender Bar Association (2019)
- Minnesota State Bar Association (2011-2018)
- Hennepin County Bar Association (2011-2018)
- Powderhorn Park Neighborhood Association, Board Member (2013-2015)
- Volunteer Lawyers Network
- HOME Line
- Advocates for Human Rights